Game of The Year Edition Game of The Year Edition

I agree with some of the below reviews: the animation is fantastic, but the individual jokes go on for too long. It's generally true of comedies that it's preferable to run through the jokes at a swifter pace, rather than draw attention to and overemphasize a few, so that if one falls flat, we're already onto the next few funny bits. This is particularly true of video game parodies because a lot of the jokes are, well, kind of obvious since they're inherent flaws.

Fritt the (C) Ferret Fritt the (C) Ferret

If you go over the top, swing for the fences.

This was so insane that it was perfect for what it was. It stops being about SOPA after a while, and just goes bat-shit nuts rather than beat the original point into the ground. Also, it was wisely short, and you didn't bother trying to make us love the ferret character. While it wasn't particularly ambitious, it gets its point across, is hilarious, and leaves before it wears out anyone's welcome. Fucking aces, dude.

Dragonzball P Dragonzball P

Great work.

As a longtime Dragonball fan, I love an original parody. Thanks for not bothering with lame cheap shots or memes; this succeeds at being outright (while somehow also "subtly") fucked-up and funny. Actual references to the silly dub, such as Goku grunting while nothing's happening, were just great and not beaten into the ground.

Derpy Cardcaptor Derpy Cardcaptor

So you replaced characters with ponies...?

The animation was fine, but if you don't care about these ponies, this hits with a complete thud. It wasn't objectively clever or funny, it was simply filled with characters I don't know and relationships I don't understand flying around in place of anime characters. Is the point of this "ponification" thing to simply replace characters with ponies? Why bother? I love "The Long Goodbye," but I don't want to see a "parody" where Ranma Saotome is replaced by Philip Marlowe. No one would get it, and it devoid of wit.

If you aren't devoted to the show, and if you're looking to be entertained, this isn't worth your time, unfortunately.

Nyan Caxx Nyan Caxx

Speechless

Unlike so many comedic flash videos, every visual, sound effect, and payoff hits the mark it was intended to. It doesn't hurt that the animation is brilliant in style and execution.

Birds of the Night Birds of the Night

A fun watch.

The only flaw that stuck out was the use of sound. I think the ones used were great and effective, but maybe a little aural ambiance (not necessarily music - in fact, it was better off without, as you had it) could have filled the space, between. A minor complaint, though. This is one of the few Newgrounds animations I've seen in a while during which I had NO idea what was going to happen. The cold open was very creative, and the setup and payoff were very effective. Great stuff!

Stupid Day Job Stupid Day Job

Great visual style.

Holds my attention throughout with a great visual style and clever visuals. Your work and the pace of what's onscreen really match the tempo of the song, which can otherwise be the biggest death knell to a music video on Newgrounds. Awesome stuff.

vakavadesigns responds:

It's comments like this that keep me going. Thanks. I was kind of concerned because it seemed to have a slower start than I'd hoped. Next time I'll have a shorter piece for real.

garfrield da cat garfrield da cat

Unoriginal and poorly made.

Why does the fact that this has been done to death, and better, not factor into this being on the front page? That is aside from the effortlessness of this animation.

In fact, I'm fairly positive that there was a superior Garfield parody on the front page last year. The average modern Garfield comic strip is funnier than this, and that's telling.

LIFE + DEATH LIFE + DEATH

Profound.

For taking those poorly-animated and ill-conceived flash cartoons about life and death (with overtly sentimental synth soundtracks) down a peg, you deserve a medal in subversion. I don't foresee many of those kids being the next Julian Shnabel. God knows Old Yeller's death would have been just as moving with awkward tweening.

This is also bat-shit insane, as always. Thank you.

Afterliving Afterliving

Not bad with regard to subject matter.

Your heart's in the right place, but the visuals felt extremely rushed. Death is, well, "heavy shit," and I don't know if this is one of your first animations, but the subject calls for a very considerate approach. I'm not saying you need years of experience, but some kind of visual texture or hook would elevate this.

The music is definitely "aiming" for modern sentimentality, but it fits the piece. It doesn't take any risks, but with the idea of losing someone at stake, it doesn't necessarily have to. Again, if the animation wasn't so choppy, it would feel like a more coherent whole. Good effort, I hope for more, soon.